Infertility Awareness Week is dedicated to education and empowerment
National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) started in 1989 as a project to raise awareness about infertility. Today, it’s a national event that occurs each year before Mother’s Day. This year’s NIAW will be April 23-29, and TFC San Antonio is proud to take part in it.
As part of NIAW, our San Antonio fertility center will join other reproductive endocrinologists around the United States to provide information and resources that are designed to fight stigma and educate the public about reproductive issues.
Infertility awareness involves understanding the basic facts
Knowledge is power when it comes to infertility, and our San Antonio fertility center has some important facts to share for National Infertility Awareness Week.
- One out of 8 people will have trouble conceiving.
- Fertility issues impact men and women equally. In fact, infertility in some couples is caused by a combination of female and male factor infertility.
- Women aren’t the only ones to experience an age-related decline in fertility. Men can experience andropause.
- Approximately 80% of couples who receive treatment from a fertility specialist will eventually conceive.
- Only 3% of all people struggling with infertility will need advanced treatments like IVF.
- Both men and women can support fertility health with exercise and a healthy diet.
These are the basic facts about infertility; however, there is so much more information available. NIAW is the perfect time to ask questions and reach out to healthcare providers who specialize in treating reproductive issues.
TFC San Antonio is dedicated to raising awareness and treating infertility
Our San Antonio fertility center exists to support patients who are seeking the latest and most effective fertility treatments. During NIAW, our dedicated fertility specialists, Summer James, M.D., and Erika Munch, M.D., will spread a message they share every day: Fertility issues are common and treatable. Many causes of infertility can be resolved with the right treatment and care, allowing patients to become parents.
Please contact us if you struggle with infertility. TFC San Antonio is committed to providing the best fertility treatments and care available – during NIAW and beyond.Tweet