Fertility issues can happen to anyone: A look at male celebrities and infertility
Many men feel alone when they’re facing fertility struggles, especially on Father’s Day. Our fertility specialists at Texas Fertility Center (TFC) and other experts believe this is because our society hasn’t traditionally talked about infertility. Not only that, people tend to think that fertility issues only affect women, which is far from true. Our San Antonio fertility doctor Erika Munch MD wants you to know that infertility can affect both men and women. This blog will look at male celebrities with infertility to highlight the men who are talking about male infertility.
Male celebrities and infertility
Opening up about infertility is becoming more common among celebrities. You might have heard Anne Hathaway and Amy Schumer talk about going through fertility treatments. But these famous ladies aren’t the only ones going public. Here are some male celebrities who have faced infertility.
- Jimmy Fallon has been open about how he and his wife Nancy Juvonen tried to conceive for five years before turning to surrogacy to become parents.
- Keith Urban and his wife Nicole Kidman are another famous couple that was able to grow their family with help from surrogacy.
- Hugh Jackman and his wife Deborra-Lee Furness went through several rounds of in vitro fertilization (IVF). When the treatments didn’t work, they welcomed their children through adoption.
- Gordon Ramsay and his wife Tana were facing polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and a low sperm count, but IVF helped them become parents.
- John Legend and his wife Chrissy Teigen round out our list of male celebrities and infertility. The couple had unexplained infertility, but still welcomed healthy babies with IVF.
Despite facing various roadblocks to conception, all of these celebrities were able to become parents using the same treatments that our San Antonio fertility doctor offers.
Get started on the path to parenthood
The rich and famous might have access to resources that the average person doesn’t. However, the fertility treatments they receive are available to everyone. After diagnostic testing, Dr. Munch can help you determine which treatments are best for you and your family.
Contact us to learn more or schedule an appointment with our San Antonio fertility doctor. Getting the treatment you need now can help you celebrate Father’s Day next year.Tweet