You aren’t alone when facing Father’s Day and infertility
When a couple receives an infertility diagnosis, the man can sometimes feel left out. So much of the focus is often on the hopeful mother, but her partner needs support too. This is especially true on Father’s Day. Our San Antonio fertility doctor, Dr. Erika Munch, offers support, information and treatment options to help you cope with Father’s Day and infertility.
Tips for coping with Father’s Day and infertility
Every person is different. What works for one man to cope with Father’s Day and infertility may not work for another. However, our San Antonio fertility doctor has some suggestions to help you cope with infertility on a day that celebrates fathers.
- Make time for friends and family. You can cope with the negative emotions you might feel on Father’s Day by taking the focus off children and placing it on someone you love. For example, you might want to plan a day with your father or grandfather.
- Spend the day with your partner. Doing something fun and relaxing with your partner can help you cope with the pain of Father’s Day and infertility. It’s also a great way to strengthen your relationship. After all, infertility can be hard on couples.
- Avoid places with children. In some cases, you may want to avoid places where children will be on Father’s Day. This may be especially true if you and your partner just received an infertility diagnosis or bad news.
- Be open with your feelings. Many people don’t talk about infertility, but there’s no need to suffer in silence. Whether you draw on your partner for support, reach out to loved ones or join a support group, talking about your feelings can be cathartic.
Infertility treatment options when you’re ready to take the next step
You may find comfort in developing a plan to overcome infertility. Our San Antonio fertility doctor offers many proven infertility treatments that have helped other patients conceive. Here are some of the most common options.
- Fertility medications
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Donor sperm or eggs
Dr. Munch takes pride in helping patients become parents. Contact us for an appointment to get started with infertility treatment.