Texas Fertility Center Logo White

Meet Our Fertility Specialists

Is your biological clock ticking?

You’ve been trying to get pregnant but have not been successful. Your mind is racing trying to figure out what to do and how to fix this. You remember as a young woman being on the birth control pill and you now realize how hard it is to get pregnant and wonder why that was necessary. 7.3 million Women in the U.S have experienced infertility and there is something you can do about it.
Women have a hard time deciding who they should see when they are having difficulty conceiving. Many women will first go to their Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN). This is usually the first point of contact, when dealing with women’s health issues. An OB/GYN cares for and treats the general population as well as a woman when she is pregnant. A Reproductive Endocrinologist, or Fertility Specialist, focuses exclusively on infertility. They work on evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all types of infertility. These specialists are best able to fully manage any fertility issues. For millions of women, the road to pregnancy can sometimes be difficult. This is why it is imperative to know when to see a Fertility Specialist and how they can help you.

When should you make an appointment with your Fertility Specialist?

If you are under 35 and have been unable to get pregnant after one year of unprotected intercourse or over 35 and have been unable to get pregnant after 6 months of unprotected intercourse.

If you are told you need surgery and are trying to get pregnant. Fertility Specialists have been trained to preserve reproductive organs so it is very important to consult with them before having a surgery that could affect your potential future fertility.

If you have a history of three or more miscarriages, because there are many tests that can be performed to try to figure out what is causing the miscarriages to occur.

If you or your partner has a know risk factor such as a history of infectious disease, genital infections, pelvic inflammatory disease, or an anatomical factor such as undescended testicles for example.

A semen analysis that is abnormal (for example low concentration, motility or morphology).

If you and your partner have had basic testing done, but have still been unable to conceive.

Most importantly is to follow your instincts. You know your body the best, and if you are continuously trying to get pregnant and month after month you have no success, that’s when you should see a Fertility specialist.

Fertility Specialists can help piece the puzzle together to try to figure out why you are not conceiving and hopefully get you a successful outcome in the end.

Like Us On Facebook