Meet Matcher, an advanced IVF lab identification system that offers peace of mind
When you work with a fertility clinic and IVF lab, you’re placing your family-building dreams in their hands. That means you want to work with a knowledgeable team who offers comprehensive fertility care. You also want to make sure that the clinic and lab have tools and procedures in place to keep your precious reproductive materials safe and secure. This is where a state-of-the-art IVF lab identification system comes into play.
Erika Munch MD is a San Antonio fertility doctor who is committed to accuracy. For this reason, she works exclusively with the San Antonio Ovation IVF lab, which has implemented Matcher. Matcher is an identification system that utilizes the latest technology to keep track of eggs, sperm and embryos.
What does Matcher do?
The IVF lab plays an important role when you visit our San Antonio fertility doctor for treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and egg freezing. Our embryologists, andrologists and other lab professionals perform several tasks that help make parenthood possible.
- Prepare the sperm for fertility treatments.
- Fertilize the eggs with sperm, sometimes using intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
- Monitor the development of the IVF embryos.
- Perform preimplantation genetic testing on the embryos.
- Prepare a chromosomally normal embryo for transfer to the uterus.
- Freeze eggs and embryos for future use.
Advanced fertility care clearly involves many steps. As a result, our lab professionals need to make sure that everything is securely and accurately identified and recorded every step of the way. This is where Matcher, our IVF lab identification system, is useful.
Using Matcher, our laboratory team can electronically witness, track and label reproductive materials in the IVF lab. Advanced equipment, software, barcodes and imaging technology help make this possible by recording and double-checking the identity of eggs, sperm and embryos as treatment progresses.
How does an IVF lab identification system benefit you?
You’ll find that Matcher provides peace of mind because it witnesses and photographs every step in the IVF lab. Not only that, but it also confirms your identity and connects your reproductive materials to you.
- If you’re undergoing an IVF cycle, you’ll know that the embryo that Dr. Munch transfers contains an egg and sperm from you and your partner (or the donor you’ve selected).
- If you’re pursuing egg freezing, you’ll know that the eggs you freeze and store will be available for you to use later.
Our San Antonio fertility doctor and her team work hard to help you feel confident during your fertility treatment. Relying on this advanced IVF lab identification system is just one way they do it.
Contact us if you want to learn more about Matcher, or if you’d like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Munch. We look forward to guiding you on your journey to parenthood.