Our physicians deliver leading-edge, patient-centric fertility care
If you’re struggling with infertility, it’s important to find the right fertility center. You want to work with a fertility clinic with excellent pregnancy success rates that offers state-of-the-art fertility care delivered by experienced and compassionate physicians. You want to partner with Texas Fertility Center San Antonio and its San Antonio fertility specialists.
TFC-San Antonio has a long history of providing superior fertility care
Founded in 1980 by Thomas Vaughn, M.D., TFC has grown to become one of the largest and one of the most successful fertility practices in the country. All of our physicians are board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology, so every woman or couple in our care is seen and treated by a board certified reproductive endocrinologist at every single office visit.
Our San Antonio fertility specialists, Summer James, M.D., and Erika Munch, M.D., focus on the comprehensive diagnosis of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss. We offer our patients the very latest in fertility testing and treatment, in a patient-centric and nurturing environment.
To ensure that our patients receive the best fertility care available, our San Antonio fertility center offers specialized services.
- Andrology and embryology: Our CLIA-certified andrology laboratory performs all types of sperm evaluation and sperm function testing. Our andrologists also prepare sperm for intrauterine insemination (IUI). When hopeful parents need advanced treatment, such as IVF, they can take comfort in the fact that we are Central Texas’ largest IVF and andrology program. Pioneering research in frozen eggs, laser-assisted embryo hatching and genetic embryo screening, TFC is a proven worldwide leader.
- Fertility preservation: For over three decades, TFC has provided sperm freezing to men who have been diagnosed with cancer or who are preparing for military deployment. In addition to offering services to men, we also offer fertility preservation for women. We can freeze eggs for women who have been diagnosed with cancer and hope to become mothers after completing cancer treatment, and for women who simply want to delay motherhood.
- Fertility surgery: For women who need surgical treatment for uterine fibroids, endometriosis or pelvic adhesions, or fallopian tube blockage, each TFC physician has received special training to perform these procedures as effectively as possible, using minimally invasive techniques when possible to minimize postoperative discomfort and time out of work. Our team uses surgical techniques including laser laparoscopy, the da Vinci Robot and small lower abdominal incisions, that minimize the development of scar tissue and shorten post-operative recovery.
Our team of fertility specialists is advancing the field of infertility
In addition to patient care, our physicians perform other important functions in the field of reproductive medicine.
- Cutting-edge scientific research in our Research Department that has resulted in hundreds of publications in leading international fertility journals, chapters in textbooks of infertility and gynecology, and presentations at international fertility meetings
- Hosting continuing medical education programs and training medical students and residents who will become the future leaders in the field
- Consulting with pharmaceutical and biotech companies to develop the next generation of fertility treatments
- Working with managed care and Fortune 500 companies to expand infertility insurance coverage
- Lobbying at the state and national levels for expanded coverage for infertility care
- Hosting monthly educational seminars on a variety of topics, including fertility, IVF and egg freezing
Our industry-leading fertility specialists also established the Fertility Foundation of Texas to raise awareness about infertility. This innovative foundation provides funding to men and women who could not otherwise afford fertility treatment, and funds research related to the diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
All of this work keeps our fertility specialists busy, while the knowledge that they are helping individuals and couples overcome infertility keeps them motivated.
The clinical staff at TFC strives to help our physicians provide excellence in fertility care
Our San Antonio fertility specialists wouldn’t be able to do their jobs without the support of our outstanding staff.
- Nurses: Every patient is assigned to a specific nurse who understands his or her case. Patients who need treatment with IVF or donor eggs will have an additional nurse assigned to their case to answer their questions about these complex treatments.
- Billing staff: Our billing team benefits from the expertise of several staff members with experience in the medical insurance field. Their experience proves invaluable in helping our patients optimize their insurance benefits.
- Internationally Renowned Laboratory director: Our team of outstanding embryologists and andrologists is led by Dr. Matthew “Tex” VerMilyea. Tex is recognized worldwide as a pioneer and thought leader in the IVF field.
To the men and women we serve, TFC is more than an infertility practice. Our commitment to excellence in patient care has resulted in the birth of more than 17,000 babies, helping us fulfill our mission of turning patients into parents and couples into families.
We hope that you will allow us to help you fulfill your dreams of having a family. For more information about fertility care at TFC-San Antonio, please contact us to schedule an appointment.