It’s time to make your fertility resolutions for 2020
It’s the start of a new decade, which means it’s the perfect time to make some fertility resolutions. If you’ve been struggling to conceive after a year of regular, unprotected intercourse, you should resolve to make an appointment with a fertility doctor. You should make this appointment after six months of trying if you are 35 or over. However, before you select a fertility doctor, you want to make sure it’s the right fit. Our San Antonio fertility clinic team offers tips to help you find the right fertility doctor.
How to find the right fertility doctor and why it matters
The idea of finding the right fertility doctor as part of your fertility resolutions might seem overwhelming. However, Erika Munch MD and her team at our San Antonio fertility clinic has created a list of questions to help make the process a little easier.
- What are the fertility center’s IVF success rates reported by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)?
- Are the fertility doctors board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
- Does the clinic offer advanced treatments like donor eggs and preimplantation genetic testing (PGT)?
- Does the fertility center provide financial assistance or discount programs to reduce the cost of care?
- Will the medical team treat you as a unique individual by providing compassionate care, helpful information and clear communication?
- Does the clinic offer treatments to help patients in your situation? Some examples include treatments for recurrent pregnancy loss and fertility options for LGBTQ patients.
- Does the fertility center perform and publish any meaningful research that advances the quality of care for fertility patients?
- Is the center part of a national network that produces some of the nation’s highest pregnancy rates while developing protocols designed to reduce the cost of a healthy single birth?
Most importantly, you’ll want to select a fertility center that makes you feel comfortable. This team will be working with you to help make your dream of parenthood come true. You don’t want just anyone by your side on this life-changing journey. The right care and support can make all the difference as you move from patient to parent.
Get help achieving your 2020 fertility resolutions
Our San Antonio fertility clinic is here to help make your fertility resolutions a reality. You can find options that range from basic treatments like ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination (IUI), to advanced ones like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and donor eggs. Dr. Munch and our compassionate team will help you determine the right treatment for you. Contact us to schedule an appointment and start working on your resolutions.