Make this the last year that you struggle with infertility on Father’s Day
Struggling to conceive is never easy. However, facing infertility on Father’s Day can be especially challenging. A day that celebrates the joys of fatherhood can seem like a cruel reminder of your fertility struggles. Thankfully, Erika Munch MD offers highly effective male fertility treatments at Texas Fertility Center. Visiting our San Antonio fertility doctor now could mean that you’ll be happily celebrating Father’s Day next year.
What types of male fertility treatments are available?
To help you learn what’s out there, our San Antonio fertility doctor has created this list of male fertility treatments.
- Fertility medications like Clomid aren’t just for women. When men take this medication, it can increase sperm and testosterone production.
- Artificial insemination (IUI) gives sperm a head start, as Dr. Munch will inject a man’s sperm into his partner’s uterus. This is a great remedy for infertility on Father’s Day.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an advanced treatment that involves several steps, including ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, laboratory fertilization and embryo transfer.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) occurs as part of an IVF cycle. It involves injecting a single sperm into an egg in the laboratory, and it’s an excellent treatment for a very low sperm count.
- Donor sperm is an option if a man’s sperm count is too low to achieve pregnancy or if a man wants to avoid passing a genetic disorder to his children.
Additionally, if a man is unable to ejaculate sperm, techniques like microscopic epididymal sperm extraction (MESA) allow doctors to extract sperm.
Struggling with infertility on Father’s Day can be a thing of the past
When you visit our San Antonio fertility doctor, she will ask about your family and medical history before ordering a semen analysis. This simple test provides valuable information about your sperm count as well as factors like sperm motility (movement) and morphology (shape).
Armed with this information, Dr. Munch will work with you to determine which of the male fertility treatments will be best for you. She and her team will then guide you through the treatment process to make your journey to fatherhood as stress-free as possible.
Contact us if you’d like to learn more about how you can make this your last year of struggling with infertility on Father’s Day.